Yield: 1 servings
|1 pack||Firm tofu; drained|
|100 grams||Sun dried tomatoes; finely chopped|
|30 millilitres||Fresh coriander; finely chopped|
|2½ millilitre||Mustard powder|
|30 millilitres||Soy sauce|
|5 millilitres||Tomato pure|
|25 grams||Fresh breadcrumbs|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|15 millilitres||Olive oil|
|1 medium||Onion; finely chopped|
|1 \N||Clove garlic; crushed|
|100 grams||Mushrooms; finely chopped|
|\N \N||Seasoned flour|
1. Mash the tofu thoroughly in a bowl, with a fork.
2. Add the sun dried tomatoes, coriander, mustard powder, soy sauce, tomato pure, breadcrumbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave to one side.
3. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, gently heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms until soft.
4. Add to the tofu mixture and allow to cool.
5. If the mixture is too wet to hold together, add sufficient flour until the mixture can hold its shape. 6. Shape the mixture into six large burgers, or ten small, coat with seasoned flour.
7. Chill until ready to use.
8. Brush each burger lightly with oil. Barbecue each side until cooked.
9. Serve in a bread bun with melted cheese (*omit for vegans) and salad, or serve with barbecue sauce.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.