Yield: 1 Servings
|8 larges||Ripe peaches; (3-4 lbs)|
|1½ cup||Light brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Applepie spice|
|½||Lemon; Juice of|
|1 tablespoon||Minute Tapioca; optional|
|2 tablespoons||Framboise; raspberry liqueur, optional|
|4 tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
|2 cups||Sifted flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|6 tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
Filling Directions :
1. Pit, halve and slice peaches cut in 8 pieces. Place peaches, brown sugar, spice, lemon juice, tapioca, and Framboise in large bowl, mix and let macerate for approx. 10 min.
2. Put into well-greased (Crisco) 12" frying pan. Dot with unsalted butter.
3. Cook for 20-25 min. at 425 degrees.
1. Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix in unsalted butter with your hands until flour is the consistency of oatmeal. Add buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir.
2. When peaches are done, use a large spoon to drop the batter onto the peaches. Do not mix. The batter will expand.
3. Bake 25 min. at 425 degrees or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Allow to slightly cool, serve while still warm with fresh whipped cream.
Other Fruit Mixtures For Cobbler: 2-3 quarts blueberries, blackberries, or huckleberries 1½ cups of sugar Juice of ½ a lime Zest of ½ a lime 1 tablespoon tapioca (optional)
More Variations: 4 lbs. plums cut into 8 pieces or 3-4 lbs. Nectarines 1 ½ cups of light brown sugar Juice of ½ lemon MC Formatted & Busted by Barb at Possum Kingdom on 3/17/98 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "abprice@..." <abprice@...> on Mar 23, 1998