Yield: 4 Servings
|3 mediums||Onions; sliced thinly (up to)|
|2||Eggs; lightly beaten|
|1 can||Mushroom soup; -or-|
|1 pack||Dry mushroom soup mixed with:|
|1 cup||Shredded cheddar or mozarella cheese|
|Sliced red and/or green pepper|
|Sun dried tomatoes|
|Choppped basil or parsley|
From: Heather Chalmers <HCHALMER@...> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:51:39 -0400 (EDT) Preheat the oven to 400.
1. Oil the pizza pan. Spoon on the cornmeal and shake it around the pan.
Remove any excess. This serves as a wonderful, crunchy coating. Roll out the pizza dough and place it in the pan. Set aside.
2. Saute the onions in the oil at a very low temperature until carmelized.
Do this as slowly as you can but watch near the end of the cooking time because they may burn. This slow cooking seems to be the secret.
3. When the onions have cooked, add the eggs and continue to stir until the eggs have cooked.
4. Add the mushroom soup and the cheese. Mix until the cheese has melted.
5. Spoon this mixture onto the pizza dough. Add any or all of the toppings. Bake until the filling is bubbly and the pizza dough has cooked - Perhaps 20 minutes (Sorry I do this by sight, not time).
Note - This recipe is forgiving and seems to allow for many substitutions except for the onions.
JEWISH-FOOD digest 292
From the Jewish Food recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .