Yield: 8 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Fresh basil|
|½ pounds||Sausage meat; cooked and chopped|
|½ cup||Mozzarella cheese; grated|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese; grated|
|2 packs||Crescent rolls|
|2 mediums||Roma tomato|
|1 medium||Red bell pepper|
|2 cups||Shredded lettuce|
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In 1-qt batter bowl, combine mayo. Snip basil with Kitchen Shears. Chop onion with Food Chopper.
2. Add basil and onion to mayonnaise mixture; mix well. Shred cheese with Cheese Grater.
3. In Classic 2-qt Batter Bowl, flake sausage. Add ¾ c. cheese and ⅔ cup of the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
4. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on 13" baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in center of stone.
5. Using medium Stainless Steel Scoop, scoop sausaage mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. Filling will not be completely covered.
6. Slice tomatoes using Vario-Slicer; cut slices in half. Place 1 tomato half-slice over filling between openings of ring.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Using V-Shaped Cutter, cut around bell pepper. Separate halves; remove membranes and seeds. Fill with remaining mayonnaise mixture; place in center of ring. Arrange lettuce around bell pepper.
9. To serve, cut with Slice 'n Serve.
Recipe by: Pampered Chef
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "Teri Sanford" <terily@...> on May 08, 1998