Yield: 14 servings
|1 tablespoon||Baking Powder|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease 14 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2. Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then chop into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Gently melt the butter and margarine and set aside.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and slat into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cornmeal, then make a well in the center.
5. In a saucepan, heat the milk to lukewarm. In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add to the milk. Stir in the melted fats (butter/margarine).
6. Pour the milk mixture into the center of the well and stir until smooth and well blended.
7. Fold in the bacon bits.
8. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them halfway. Bake until risen and lightly colored, about 20 mins. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe By : The Great American Baking Book - ISBN 0-8317-3971-1 From: Dan Klepach Date: 04-22-95 (159) Fido: Cooking