Yield: 4 servings
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|3||Green onions -- chopped,|
|3 tablespoons||Bread crumbs|
|½ teaspoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|½ teaspoon||Lemon pepper|
|1 pounds||Lean ground beef|
|1||Tomato -- 4 slices/hamburger|
|1||Yellow onion -- 4|
1. Prepare white or yellow sweet onion by slicing in thick slices, place in plastic bag or glass jar with ice water, seal and refrigerate until ready to use. This makes the onions very crisp and juicy.
2. Slice a vine-ripened tomato into thick slices. Mix sour cream, chopped green onions, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix this in with the ground meat until combined well. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Cooking the hamburger patties: GRILL: Place meat on grill over hot coals and cook to desired doneness, turning only once or twice.
BROIL: Place meat in broiler pan; broil to desired doneness.
MICROWAVE: Place meat in a microwave-safe dish and cover loosely with plastic wrap (made for microwave purposes); vent one edge slightly.
Microwave on highest power for 3 minutes. Turn patties over and cook 3 minutes longer or until desired doneness. Rotate the dish ¼ turn every 1-2 minutes. Drain well.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and catsup. Blend well.
5. To serve, divide the catsup mixture evenly on the warmed hamburger buns, top with a meat patty, tomato slice, onion slice and shredded lettuce. Also good with alfalfa or radish sprouts.
Serving Ideas: Serve on July 4th with baked beans, coleslaw and watermelon.
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill