Yield: 9 servings
|2 teaspoons||Baking Powder|
|1 teaspoon||Dried Thyme|
|2 ounces||Sharp Cheddar Cheese,|
|\N \N||Cut in 1/2\" dice|
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Thickly grease 9 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2. Melt the butter and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and paprika.
4. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, melted butter, and thyme; whisk to blend.
5. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened; do not mix until smooth. Mixture should be lumpy.
6. Place a heaped spoonful of batter into prepared cups. Drop a few pieces of cheese over each, then top with another spoonful of batter.
For even baking, half-fill any empty muffin cups with water.
7. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 mins. Let stand 5 mins before unmolding onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe By : The Great American Baking Book - ISBN 0-8317-3971-1 From: Dan Klepach Date: 04-22-95 (159) Fido: Cooking