Yield: 66 Servings
|¼ cup||Butter Flavor Crisco|
|1 pack||Butterscotch Chips * 12 ounce package|
|1 cup||Peanut Butter, creamy style|
|2 cups||Graham Cracker crumbs|
|1 cup||Peanuts, salted, chopped|
|1 pack||Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet 6 ounce package|
|3 tablespoons||Butter Flavor Crisco|
|\N \N||Finely chopped Peanuts|
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: None * Peanut Butter chips may be substituted for the Butterscotch Chips.
1. Combine ¼ cup Butter Flavor Crisco, butterscotch chips, peanut butter and milk in top of double boiler over hot water. Stir occasionally until mixture is melted and smooth.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup chopped nuts in large bowl. Pour butterscotch mixture over crumbs. Stir until combined.
3. Spread mixture in ungreased 9x9x2 inch pan. ( Hint: If a 9x9x2 inch pan is not available, form a 9x9x2 inch tray by lining a 13x9x2 inch pan with aluminum foil. ) Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars ¾ x 1
4. Combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco in top of double boiler over hot water. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
5. Place one bar at a time in melted chocolate. Turn with fork. Lift from chocolate on fork. Allow excess to drip off. Place on paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle top with finely chopped nuts. Return to refrigerator to harden chocolate.
Makes 5⅕ to 6 dozen bars.
Source: Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, page 16. Shared by: David Knight