Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Dried black mushrooms|
|2 tablespoons||Cloud Ear mushrooms|
|¼ pounds||Lean pork|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Sesame oil|
1. Separately soak dried black and cloud ear mushrooms.
2. Parboil noodles as in "Parboiled Noodles #1/#2" but only very briefly.
3. Cut pork in 1-½ inch strips. Break cauliflower in small flowerets. Cut scallions in 1-½ inch sections. Slice soaked mushrooms.
4. Combine comstarch and cold stock.
5. Heat oil. Add salt, then scallion, and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (2 to 3 minutes).
6. Add cauliflower and dried black mushrooms; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more.
Add cloud ear mushrooms and soy sauce; stir-fry another 2 minutes.
7. Add cornstarch-stock mixture. Cook, covered, 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
8. Meanwhile heat sesame oil in another pan. Add noodles and stir gently until lightly browned.
9. Add pork-cauliflower mixture to noodles; then simmer, covered, another 10 minutes and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .