Yield: 4 Servings
|½ pounds||Egg noodles|
|2 teaspoons||Soy sauce|
1. Parboil noodles as in "Parboiled Noodles #1/#2".
2. Bring stock to a boil. Stir in noodles, then bring to a boil again.
Simmer to heat through (about 2 minutes). Meanwhile mince scallion.
3. Stir salt, pepper, soy sauce and sherry into stock. Sprinkle with scallion and serve at once.
NOTE: Never add noodles to soup until just about ready to serve. If added too far in advance, noodles tend to get mushy. VARIATIONS: 1. In step 2, before adding the noodles, add 1 cup raw chicken. shredded; and/or ½ cup bamboo shoots, cut in strips. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2. In step 2, after adding the noodles, add 1 cup cooked chicken or pork, diced; or 1 cup cooked vegetables, diced. Simmer only to heat through.
3. For the parboiled egg noodles, substitute ½ pound peastarch noodles (soaked); and 1 cup spinach, shredded. In step 2, simmer both only to heat through.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .