Yield: 4 Servings
|6 \N||Fish steaks, tamure (snapper), or hapuka (groper)|
|1 cup||Dry breadcrumbs|
|\N \N||Watercress or parsley|
|\N \N||Sliced lemon|
1. Lay the fish in a shallow dish. Pour the milk over the steaks and add salt and pepper. Leave to soak one hour.
2. Drain the milk away and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
3. Lay the steaks in a buttered baking dish. Melt the butter and pour over the fish.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Serve garnished with sliced lemon and sprinkled with watercress.
SOURCE: Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd, PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5 SHARED BY: Jim Bodle 3/93
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini