Yield: 6 Servings
|2 pounds||Small red potatoes; cubed|
|3||Italian plum tomatoes; diced|
|½ medium||Red onion; minced|
|16 ounces||Canned garbanzo beans|
|¼ pounds||Fresh spinach; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||Red wine vinegar|
|4||Cloves garlic; very finely diced|
|½ teaspoon||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Minced fresh italian parsley|
|¼ teaspoon||Crushed dried hot red chilies; (or to taste)|
1. First, mix together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Let sit for at least a 30 minutes.
3. Next, bring about 4-6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the potatoes. Bring back to a boil, and boil for 4-5 minutes. Do not overcook! You don't want them to be hard, but you don't want them to be mushy, either.
4. Drain the potatoes, and rinse well under cold water.
5. Drain the garbanzo beans and rinse them thoroughly under cold water.
6. Mix together, the tomatoes, spinach, garbanzo beans and cooled potatoes.
Add the dressing and toss well to coat.
7. Cover the bowl, and chill for at least 4 hours, tossing it once or twice.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 434 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Jan 02, 1998