Yield: 16 cookies
|2 tablespoons||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Freshly grated lemon peel|
|8 \N||Sheets phyllo; thawed if frozen (12 x 17 inches EA.)|
|6 tablespoons||Unsalted margarine or butter melted|
|\N \N||Confectioners' sugar, for garnish|
1. Process raisins, water, sugar and lemon peel in a food processor until raisins are finely chopped.
2. Scrape into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat 2 minutes until thickened. Cool.
3. Heat oven to 375F. Have a cookie sheet ready.
4. Unfold phyllo sheets and place on a flat surface. Cover with a clean, slightly damp kitchen towel to prevent drying.
5. Place 1 sheet (keep others covered) on a large cutting board.
Lightly brush sheet with margarine. Repeat with 3 more sheets, stacking each one on the one before. Cut stack into eight 4-inch squares, trimming off excess.
6. Drop 2 level teaspoonfuls raisin mixture in center of each square. Lift edges (all 4 layers) of each square and pinch or twist corners together to enclose filling. Brush outsides lightly with margarine. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining 4 sheets phyllo and remaining 4 sheets phyllo and remaining margarine and raisin filling.
7. Bake 7 to 10 minutes until bundles are golden brown. Remove to a rack to cool. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Per bonbon: 100 cal, 1 g pro, 14 g car, 5 g fat, 0 mg chol with margarine, 12 mg chol with butter, 47 mg sod.
from Woman's Day 11/23/93 typed by Tiffany Hall-Graham Submitted By TIFFANY HALL-GRAHAM On 10-28-94