Yield: 4 Servings
|½ cup||Roast pork|
|4 cups||Cold cooked rice|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
1. Dice roast pork. Shell, devein and dice shrimp. Shred lettuce. Mince scallions.
2. Break up and separate the cold cooked rice, as in step 1 of "Simple Fried Rice".
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then shrimp, and stir-fry until shrimp turn pinkish.
4. Add roast pork, scallions and lettuce; stir-fry to heat through.
5. Add rice and stir-fry to heat through completely. Then stir in soy sauce and serve. VARIATIONS:
1. For the meat, use ¼ cup roast pork and ¼ cup cooked chicken; or add to the pork 2 tablespoons smoked ham.
2. For the raw shrimp, substitute cooked shrimp, tossed in a mixture of ½ teaspoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons sherry. Add in step 4, with the pork.
3. In step 4, add with the pork and vegetables ¼ cup green peas, parboiled.
4. After step 4, add 1 egg, beaten, and scramble until nearly set. Then pick up step 5.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .