Yield: 8 Servings
|30 \N||Fresh jumbo strawberries -Sabayon Cream---|
|2 \N||Egg yolks|
|2 tablespoons||Granulated sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Sherry; port, or Marsala|
|\N \N||Confectioners' sugar|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
1. Wash strawberries in cold water. Drain well, then hull. From point, slit each berry into quarters, but don't cut through bottom. Refrigerate.
2. Make Sabayon Cream: In top of double boiler, with portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks with granulated sugar and sherry until well combined.
3. Place over boiling water; beat at medium speed until mixture is thick and forms soft peaks when beater is slowly raised - - about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
4. Immediately set top of double boiler in bowl of ice; continue beating until mixture is cool - about 2 minutes. Let stand in ice in refrigerator, 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine ¾ cup confectioners sugar and cream. Refrigerate, along with portable electric-beater blades, 30 minutes.
6. Add chilled cooked mixture to chilled cream mixture; beat until stiff.
7. Fill each strawberry with Sabayon mixture (using pastry bag with decorating tip, if desired), and bringing Sabayon mixture to peak at top.
8. To serve: Sprinkle filled berries lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Arrange on mound of crushed ice. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe by: diane@... (The Blue fox, San Francisco) Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 319 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 27, 1997