Yield: 6 servings
|¼ cup||Butter or margarine|
|¼ teaspoon||Tabasco pepper sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Lemon juice|
1. Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan; add onion and cook until tender.
2. Blend in flour, ½ teaspoon salt and Tabasco sauce. 3. Stir in milk, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, nutmeg and spinach. 5. Peel cooked potatoes; cut into ⅛-inch slices. 6. Place a layer of potatoes in a greased 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt.
7. Sprinkle with half the ham and half the spinahc sauce. 8. Repeat with remaining potatoes, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, ham and sauce.
9. Cover and bake in preheated 375'F. oven 45 minutes, or until heated through.
NOTE: To bake potatoes: Scrub, dry and prick with a fork. Bake in preheated 425'F. oven 55 to 65 minutes, or until soft. Chill before slicing.