Yield: 4 servings
|\N \N||SAUCE - CHOOSE 1 OF|
|1 each||8-oz can - pizza sauce|
|1 cup||Bottled spaghetti sauce|
|1 each||8-oz can - tomato sauce|
ONION - CHOOSE 1 OF THESE
MEAT - CHOOSE 1 OF THESE
PASTA - CHOOSE 1 OF THESE
CHEESE - CHOOSE 1 OF THESE
USE ALL OF THESE
½ c Chopped onion 1 tb Minced dried onion ½ ts Onion powder
2 c Cubed cooked beef 2 c Cubed cooked pork 2 c Cubed fully cooked ham 2 c Cubed cooked chicken 2 c Cubed cooked turkey
2 c Cooked elbow macaroni 2 c Cooked fine noodles 2 c Cooked tiny shell macaroni 2 c Cooked rigatoni 2 c Cooked cavatelli
½ c Shredded mozzarella cheese ½ c Shredded cheddar cheese ½ c Shredded Monterey Jack ½ c Shredded brick cheese ½ c Shredded American cheese 1 tb Butter or margarine 2 tb All-purpose flour 1 ea 16-oz can (stewed) tomatoes ¼ c Water 1 ds Dash of pepper
** Remember - Except for the "Use All Of These" section of ingredients, you only use ONE item from each ingredient section.
* In a large saucepan melt butter or margarine. Stir in flour.
* Stir in undrained tomatoes, your choice of sauce, onion or onion powder, water, and pepper. (If using tomato or pizza sauce, add ½ teaspoon oregano, crushed.)
* Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
* Stir in your choice of meat and pasta.
* Turn into a 2-quart casserole.
* Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
* Sprinkle your choice of cheese atop. Bake 5 minutes more or till cheese melts.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens _His_Turn_To_Cook_ book.
From: Bill Jernigan Date: 11-05-95 (08:06) (164) Fido: Home Co