Yield: 6 servings
|1 \N||Head radicchio lettuce|
|4 mediums||Size tomatoes; skinned|
|1 \N||Red onion; peeled|
|100 grams||Radishes; topped and tailed|
|\N \N||; (4oz)|
|\N \N||Half a red pepper; de-seeded|
|3 tablespoons||Tomato juice|
|1 tablespoon||Caster sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Sunflower oil|
1. Peel each leaf separately from the radicchio head.
2. Rinse the leaves, dry them, and arrange them on a large platter.
3. Chop the tomatoes and onion and mix them together.
4. Slice the radishes and cut the pepper into thin strips.
5. Blend the tomato juice and lemon juice with the sugar and oil.
6. Mix this dressing with the chopped and sliced vegetables and spoon into the leaves.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Although radicchio looks like red lettuce, it is a member of the chicory family and has a slightly bitter flavour. It is sometimes known as red chicory. It blends well with other vegetables which are sweeter, such as tomatoes or peppers.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.