Yield: 18 Servings
|1¼ cup||Yellow cornmeal|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Broken pecans -- lightly|
|⅓ cup||Butter -- melted|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in pecans.
2. In another medium bowl mix buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs.
3. By hand, gently stir in dry ingredients just until batter is evenly moistened; do not overmix.
4. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners. Spoon in batter until liners are three-fourths full.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (12 to 15 minutes). Cool muffins on wire racks.
* Timesaver Tip: Muffin batter may be made ahead and frozen before baking.
Freeze batter, uncovered, in lined muffin pans until frozen solid. Remove muffins from pan and package in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic bags.
Label and date, and freeze at 0 degrees F up to 4 weeks. To bake, do not thaw. Return muffins to pans and bake at 375 degrees F until muffins test done, 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy File