Yield: 4 servings
|3 tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1 pounds||Fresh wild mushrooms; coarsely chopped|
|3 \N||Cloves garlic; finely chopped|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground pepper; to taste|
|¼ cup||Flat-leaf parsley; finely chopped|
|1 pounds||Cheese; grated|
|\N \N||Vegetable oil|
INGREDIENTS FOR MUSHROOMS
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR FRICO
How to prepare the mushrooms:
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saut pan until almost smoking.
Add the mushrooms and saut for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper, continue cooking for 1 minute.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley. Keep warm.
How to Prepare the Frico:
1. Brush a nonstick skillet with oil and place over medium-low heat. Spread about two tablespoons of the grated cheese in a circle about three inches in diameter.
2. Make sure the layer of cheese is not too thick; the wafers should be crispy, not chewy.
3. Cook the wafers, flattening with a wooden spoon or spatula, until melted and golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes.
4. Flip over and cook until just set, about 1 minute. Top with sauted miushrooms. © 1997 Lifetime Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.
MC Formatted using MC Buster by Barb at PK Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.