Yield: 4 servings
|\N \N||Boiling water|
|2 tablespoons||Light brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Plus 2 ts diet orange|
|⅔ cup||Orange juice|
|⅛ teaspoon||Dried sage|
|\N \N||Dash salt|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Boil or steam yams in boiling water 20 minutes, or until barely tender. (They should still be a little firm.) 3. Drain and cool. Peel and cut yams into ½ inch chunks. Amount should measure 1-⅔ cups.
4. In small shallow baking dish, coated with non-stick spray, place yam chunks.
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Soften marmalade in small container over hot water or in microwave
and mix with orange juice
7. Add sage and salt.
8. Pour over yams.
9. Bake 30 minutes.
NOTE: Note on your bread card the allowed portion for a serving of yams is ¼ cup. This is for cooked, mashed yams. 1-⅔ cups cooked yam chunks = 1 cup cooked, mashed = 4 servings.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 1 Bread 1 Fruit 1 Joker 102 Calories Taken from Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Golden Edition Cookbook Enjoy!