Yield: 1 servings
|\N \N||For Southern flavor, try these succulent ribs, based with a distinctive and very tasty sauce:|
For 4 servings you will need:
2-½ to 3 lbs. country-style pork ribs : 1 Tbsp oil
: 1 medium onion, sliced : 2 apples, cut into wedges Sauce:
⅓ cup mild soy sauce
⅓ cup tomato ketchup
1 Tbsp dry mustard
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash black pepper
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp chopped celery
1. Trim off excess fat from ribs.
2. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil. Place in a roasting pan.
3. Place apple wedges and onion rings over ribs in pan.
4. Combine all ingredients for sauce. Baste ribs with sauce.
5. Cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 50 minutes.
7. Uncover. Pour remaining sauce over ribs.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F. for another 40 to 50 minutes or until ribs are no longer pink near the bones. The ribs should be nicely browned and tender. Check for doneness. 9. Serve ribs with extra sauce, if desired and with crispy bread and a salad.
Tips: Country-style ribs are more meaty than spareribs. Trim off excess fat before cooking them. No extra salt is needed since the soy sauce contains salt.
From: Great American Recipes, Recipe Card Club Preparation Time: 15 min. Baking time: 1-½ hours Oven temperature: 350 degrees F.
From: Fred Towner Date: 05-26-95 (164) Fido: Home Co