Yield: 1 loaf
|¼ pounds||Butter, soften to room temp.|
|1 clove||Garlic, peeled and crushed|
|1 x||Loaf French Bread, 18\" long|
1) Blend garlic with butter and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2) About ½ hour before serving, preheat oven to 375 F.
3) Meanwhile, slice bread 1 inch thick, cutting to but not through the bottom and holding knife at a slight angle.
4) Spread both sides of each slice with garlic butter and wrap loaf snugly
in heavy foil. Place on a baking sheet and warm 20-25 minutes.
5) Unwrap and serve in a long napkin wrapped bread basket, or break into
chunks and serve in a round napkin wrapped basket.
Variations: =========== Herbed Garlic Bread: Mix 1 ts minced parsely and ¼ ts each of thyme and oregano or marjoram into garlic butter and proceed as above.
Cheese Garlic Bread:
Mix 1 tb grated parmesan, ¼ ts salt, ⅛ ts pepper and ¼ ts each of savory and oregano or thyme into garlic butter and proceed as above.
Curry or Chili Garlic Bread:
Mix 1 to 2 ts curry or chili powder into garlic butter and proceed as above.
You can freeze before baking. On serving day open foil and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
You can also use a microwave.
Typed for you by Peggy and Bruce Travers,Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120