Yield: 4 Servings
|½ cup||Dried salted cabbage|
|1½ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|1 teaspoon||Sesame oil|
1. Soak dried salted cabbage.
2. Cut bamboo shoots in strips, as for French-fried potatoes. Cut soaked cabbage in 1-inch sections.
3. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling. Sprinkle with salt and sugar; keep warm.
4. In another pan, heat sesame oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry to heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
5. Arrange cabbage strips on a platter with bamboo shoots on top, and serve at once. VARIATION: For the dried cabbage, substitute fresh mustard cabbage. (See "Basic Stir-fried Vegetables" for details.) From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .