Yield: 4 Servings
|2 cups||Bamboo shoots|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|½ cup||Water (up to)|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Cut bamboo shoots in strips as for french-fried potatoes.
2. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling.
3. Blend cornstarch, sugar and cold water.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add bamboo shoots; stir-fry to heat through.
Sprinkle with soy sauce and blend in.
5. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once. VARIATION: Omit the cornstarch paste. In step 4, add 2 teaspoons chili sauce to the oil and heat before adding the bamboo shoots. At the end of step 4, stir in the sugar with the soy sauce.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .