Yield: 4 Servings
|2 cups||Bamboo shoots|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|½ cup||Mushroom-soaking liquid|
1. Soak dried mushrooms; reserve the soaking liquid.
2. Cut bamboo shoots lengthwise in thin slices, then in 1- by 1-½ inch strips. Leave mushrooms whole if small; quarter if large.
3. Heat oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add bamboo shoots; stir-fry 2 minutes more. Then blend in soy sauce and sugar.
5. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, leaving liquids in pan.
Arrange bamboo shoots underneath, mushrooms on top.
6. Blend cornstarch and mushroom-soaking liquid to a paste. Add to pan and cook, stirring, to thicken liquids. Pour sauce over vegetables and serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .