Yield: 4 Servings
|½ pounds||Lean beef|
|½ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|¼ pounds||Fresh mushrooms|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|2 teaspoons||Soy sauce|
|3 tablespoons||Water (up to)|
1. Slice beef thin against the grain. Slice bamboo shoots and fresh mushrooms. Mince ginger root.
2. In one cup, combine sherry, sugar and soy sauce. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add ginger root and stir-fry a few times. Add beef and stir-fry until it loses its redness.
4. Add vegetables and stir-fry until mushroomsbegin to soften (about 1 minute). Stir in sherry mixture, then salt and pepper.
5. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes, over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .