Yield: 1 Servings
|¾ cup||Butter; Softened|
|3¾ cup||Flour; Unsifted|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking Soda|
|1 cup||Dates; Chopped|
|1 cup||Walnuts; Chopped|
|1½ tablespoon||Orange Peel; Grated|
|6 ounces||Can Concentrated Orange Juice|
1. Using large mixer bowl. Cream butter and ½ cup sugar.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. Blending at low speed, add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to sugar mixture.
4. Combine dates, nuts and orange rind and dust with flour; stir in batter.
5. Bake in buttered 9" or 10" tube pan at 350 degrees for 1½ hours or until cake begins to pull away from side of pan.
6. Remove from oven and make glaze by blending juice, water, remaining sugar and bring to simmer.
7. While both cake and glaze are hot, slowly spoon over cake until all glaze is absorbed.
8. Cool thoroughly before removing from pan. Serve with whipped cream.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 196 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997