Yield: 1 Servings
|4 cups||Corn meal|
|1 cup||Evaporated milk|
|2 cups||Boiling water|
|1 cup||Hot water|
|¼ cup||Bacon or ham drippings|
I have a recipe for corn bread. It come from the Gold Cook Book which was published in 1947.
1. Pour boiling water over meal and stir well.
2. Add drippings, milk, hot water and salt to the eggs and blend.
3. Add to corn meal mix and mix thoroughly.
4. Turn batter into 2 greased 8 x 8" pans.
5. Bake one pan first in a 425 degree oven for 18-20 min.
6. While this is being served, bake the other one.
* serve with butter and molasses. Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by broach@... on Mar 28, 1997