Yield: 8 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|¾ cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ cup||European Style Cocoa (HERSHEY'S) or HERSHEY'S regular cocoa|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Fresh strawberry slices|
|¼ cup||HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup|
|1 \N||Envelope unflavored gelatin|
|1 cup||Cold whipping cream|
|⅔ cup||HERSHEY'S Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)|
|¼ cup||Whipping cream|
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly roll pan.
Line with wax paper; grease paper.
2. In small bowl, on high speed, beat eggs until very thick and cream colored, about 5 minutes; gradually beat in sugar. With mixer on low speed, beat in water and vanilla. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 10 to 13 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert pan onto linen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar; carefully peel off wax paper. Invert onto wire rack covered with wax paper. Cool completely.
4. Prepare STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING. Cut cake into 4 equal rectangles, 3-1/2x10-inches; divide filling into thirds and spread evenly on 3 rectangles, leaving 1 plain rectangle for top. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
5. Prepare ROYAL GLAZE. To assemble, stack layers on top of each other with cake layer on top. Top with ROYAL GLAZE; refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices; refrigerate leftover cake. 8 servings.
STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING: 1. In food processor or blender, puree strawberry slices with strawberry syrup until liquid; sprinkle unflavored gelatin over mixture. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes; puree again for several seconds.
2. Pour mixture into medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute, until mixture is hot, not boiling, and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
3. In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff; fold in strawberry mixture.
ROYAL GLAZE: In small microwave-safe bowl, place ⅔ cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and ¼ cup whipping cream. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to 1 minute until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Hershey's is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods Corporation.
Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.
Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias