Yield: 32 Servings
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Dry sherry; or vermouth|
|2||Cloves garlic; minced|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh ginger; grated|
|1 pounds||Boned and skinned chicken breast halves; cut 1-inch pieces|
1. In a shallow dish just large enough to hold the chicken in one layer, combine the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, garlic, ginger and cayenne.
2. Add the chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat broiler or grill. THread chicken onto thin skewers.
4. Broil or grill about 4 inches from the heat for 2 minutes. Turn and broil 2 minutes longer until cooked through.
5. Transfer to a serving platter.
6. Serve hot with toothpicks for spearing.
Recipe by: Readers Digest Cook Now, Serve Later, 1989 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1025 by njwwb <njwwb@...> on Jan 20, 1998