Yield: 4 Servings
|¼ cup||Low sodium soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Red wine vinegar|
|1 teaspoon||Oriental seesame oil|
|1||Clove garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon||Minced, peeled, fresh ginger|
|Root OR 1 ts dried ginger|
|8 ounces||Boned, skinned chicken|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|4 cups||Mixed raw vegetables such as|
|Sliced red onion, julienned|
|Red cabbage, bean sprouts,|
|Chinese pea pods|
|2||Whole wheat pita breads,|
|Halved and split open|
1. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, sherry, ginger root
and chicken. Marinate chicken at room temperature refrigerate if marinating longer.
2. Heat olive oil in non-stick wok or skillet. Transfer chicken from marinade to skillet and saute until barely cooked, about 2 minutes.
Add a little marinade if needed.
3. Add prepared vegetables and stir-fry until crisp tender.
4. Warm pita bread in microwave oven if desired.
5. Stuff pita bread with filling.
NOTE: If you haven't tried low sodium soy sauce, it is time to go with it.
Kikkoman makes it with a green label. The taste is the same, but the sodium level is way down, so it's much better for you.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 1 Bread 2 Meat 1 Vegetable 1 Fat 245 Calories