Yield: 1 servings
|1 pounds||Zucchini -- grated|
|1 pack||Active Dry Yeast|
|1¼ cup||Lukewarm Water|
|Olive Oil -- for brushing|
1. In a colander, alternate layers of grated zucchini and salt. Leave for 30 mins over a bowl or sink. Then squeeze out the moisture with your hands.
2. Combine the yeast with ¼ cup of lukewarm water, stir, and leave to dissolve for 15 mins.
3. Place the zucchini, yeast, and flour in a bowl. Stir together, and add just enough of the remaining water to obtain a rough dough.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a plastic bag, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1½ hrs.
5. Grease a baking sheet. Puch down dough with fist and knead into a tapered cylinder. Place on baking sheet, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden, 40 to 45 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe By : The Great American Baking Book - ISBN 0-8317-3971-1 From: Dan Klepach Date: 04-22-95 (159) Fido: Cooking