Yield: 6 servings
|1 ounce||Dried mushrooms|
|\N \N||Boiling water|
|6 ounces||Uncooked boneless lean pork|
|4 ounces||Cooked ham|
|1 small||Red pepper|
|8 \N||Green onions|
|½ cup||Water chestnuts|
|8 ounces||Bean curd|
|2 quarts||Chicken stock|
|½ cup||Rice wine|
|4 teaspoons||Soy sauce|
|½ teaspoon||Chinese chili sauce|
|2 teaspoons||Sesame oil|
|8 ounces||Uncooked shrimp, shelled and|
1. Place mushrooms in bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain. Remove and discard stems. Cut caps into thin slices.
2. Cut pork and ham into "match-stick" thin strips. Remove seeds from pepper and cut pepper into thin strips. Chop onions finely. Cut water chestnuts into slices. Cut bean curd into ½- cubes.
3. Combine chicken stock, wine, soy sauce and chili sauce in 5-quart pan. Cook over medium heat until soup boils. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
4. Blend cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of the water. Slowly stir mixture into soup. Cook and stir until soup boils. Add mushrooms, pork, ham, pepper and water chestnuts. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
5. Stir vinegar and oil into soup. Beat egg and remaining 1 tablespoon water together with for, Gradually drizzle egg into soup while stirring soup vigorously. Add onions, bean curd and shrimp.
Cook until shrimp is done, 1 to 2 minutes.
SOURCE: Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook