Yield: 6 Servings
|2 pints||Strawberries (12 ounces each); rinsed and hulled|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 cup||Grapefruit juice|
From: SassZ@... (SassZ)
Date: 1 Sep 1995 10:33:27 -0500 NOTE: Reconstituted frozen grapefruit juice can be used.
1. Process strawberries, sugar and ¼ cup of the grapefruit juice in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Pour into a medium-size bowl. Stir in remaining grapefruit juice until blended.
3. Pour into ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, or use still-freeze method (below).
4. Pack into freezer container, cover tightly and freeze up to 1 month.
Makes 5 cups. Per serving: 106 cal, 1 g pro, 27 g car, 0 g fat, 0 mg chol, 1 mg sod. Exchanges: 1¾ fruit STILL-FREEZE METHOD:
1. Pour prepared ingredients into a metal loaf pan or 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in freezer.
3. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until solid.
4. Break frozen mixture in pieces with a fork and spoon into a food processor or a large bowl.
5. Process, or beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed, until soft but not melted. Repeat freezing and processing or beating 1 or 2 times, if desired, for smoothness.
6. After final processing or beating, stir in chopped chocolate or other small pieces, such as nuts.
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .