Yield: 4 servings
|4 pounds||Beef rib short ribs|
|2 tablespoons||Cooking fat|
|½ cup||Onion; chopped|
|¼ cup||Green pepper; chopped|
|2 pounds||Canned stewed tomatoes|
|1 teaspoon||Chili powder; to taste|
|Hot fluffy rice; or|
1. In a Dutch oven, or large pan with tight-fitting cover, brown meat on all sides in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
2. Cook onion in drippings remaining in pan until soft but not browned; stir often.
3. Add green pepper, tomatoes, and chili powder. If desired, break up large tomato chunks with potato masher or fork.
4. Return meat to pan. Cover tightly and simmer for 1½ to 2 hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
5. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
6. Skim any excess fat from sauce.
7. Serve meat and sauce over rice or noodles.
From: The More Beef for Your Money Cookbook Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-) ~-- EZPoint V2⅕ * Origin: "LaRK's" Place (1:343/26.3) ====================================================================== ==== BBS: Computer Specialties BBS Date: 08-11-93 (09:01) Number: 62106 From: LAWRENCE KELLIE Refer#: NONE To: ALL Recvd: NO Subj: recipe Conf: (149) COOKING