Yield: 1 servings
|225 grams||Yellow split peas; dry weight|
|1 tablespoon||Vegetarian Worcester sauce|
|450 grams||Mixed vegetables; sliced or chopped;|
|; choose from|
|; mushrooms, leeks,|
|; fresh peas,|
|; broccoli florets,|
|; onion, green beans|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||Plain flour; sieved|
|450 millilitres||Well flavoured vegetable stock|
|1 tablespoon||Grain mustard|
|1||Glass vegetarian red wine|
|55 grams||Vegetarian Cheddar cheese; grated|
1. Boil yellow split peas for 8-10 minutes in plenty of water, with the garlic and Worcester sauce. Drain and leave to one side.
2. Saut the vegetables in the olive oil for 10 minutes 3. Toss with the split peas and put in a greased baking dish.
4. Melt the margarine in a frying pan, add the flour and brown.
5. Gradually add the vegetable stock, stirring to ensure a smooth gravy, add the mustard and the red wine. Pour the gravy over the split peas and vegetables.
Cook for 40 minutes on 230øC/460øF/Gas Mark 7.
6. Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the top. Put it back in the oven and turn the oven up to crisp the top.
7. Serve with roast potatoes and vegetables. Any left over can be served cold the next day.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.