Yield: 24 Servings
|5 tablespoons||Toasted sesame seeds|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|½ cup||Water; about|
|1 \N||Whole egg; lightly beaten with:|
|2 tablespoons||Milk for brushing on the tops|
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 09:33:35 +0200 From: hz225wu@... (Micaela Pantke) (COLLECTION) From: Barry_Carlson@... (Moira Carlson) 1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F.
2. Mix together flour, sesame seeds and salt. Add oil and blend till mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Blend in enough water so dough forms into a ball. Divide the dough in 2 equal portions for rolling.
4. Roll out the dough on floured board to 1/16 inch thick. Cut in two inch squares. Lay out on cookie tray.
5. Prick each cracker with a fork; brush tops with egg mixture.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a rack. After crackers are cool, store them in an airtight container. Note: This is really a very simple recipe.
The only trick is to watch the timing the first time you make them because each oven is different and you don't want them to burn. I also admit that we have never had to find an "airtight container" because they all got gobbled down inside of two hours.
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .