Yield: 120 servings
|* * * * *|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon||Almond extract|
|5 cups||Sifted flour|
|* * * * *|
|1 cup||Confectioners' sugar sifted|
|½ teaspoon||Almond extract /or Vanilla|
FROM LOIS FLACK
CYBEREALM BBS (315)786-1120
1. Cream butter, in a large mixing bowl, until it is soft. Gradually add sugar, continuing to cream well after each addition, until mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in vanilla, the stir in flour, a small amount at a time. Mix well.
3. Pack dough into metal cookie press and press dough out onto ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate some with candied cherries and colored sugars. Leave some to be frosted.
4. Bake at 400ø for approximate 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
5. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cool on wire racks.
6. Frost undecorated cookies with frosting and decorate with colored sugars. Frostings: (Make a small bowl in different colors: white, dark pink, pale green.)
1. Blend sugar, water and almond extract / or vanilla in a small bowl. Add a drop or more of coloring, to get desired color, and blend. If frosting becomes too thin, add a bit more sugar, a pinch at a time. If it becomes too thick, add a small drop of water, a little at a time.
From the kitchen of Lois Flack