Yield: 1 Servings
|2 quarts||Lamb or veal demi glace; (no roux)|
|As needed olive oil|
|2 cups||Shallots; brunoise|
|½ cup||Fresh garlic; sliced thin|
|1 quart||Port wine|
1. Sweat shallots, garlic, and bouquet garni in olive oil.
2. add wine and reduce to a syrup consistency.
3. add demi-glace and skim the surface as needed.
4. strain through a fine mesh strainer, adjust seasonings with salt & pepper.
5. If needed thicken with arrowroot slurry or thin with vegetable stock.
NOTES : Yields - 2 quarts
Recipe by: S.C.I. - Jamie, Az.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 559 by CuisineArt <CuisineArt@...> on Jan 19, 1998