Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pack||(10 oz) frozen green peas; thawed|
|¼ cup||Chopped onion|
|½ small||Green pepper; chopped|
|1 large||Rib celery; chopped|
|1 can||(6 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|4 ounces||Cottage cheese|
|½ cup||Shredded Mozarella cheese (up to 3/4)|
|2 tablespoons||Real bacon bits|
1. Combine cottage cheese, sugar, and mayonnaise. Blend well in blender, or with hand-held drink mixer, until smooth. Set aside.
2. Combine peas, onion, green pepper, celery, and water chestnuts. Blend well. Pour into clear serving bowl. Add cheese/sugar/mayo mixture. Stir to coat
3. On top, place moxarella cheese and bacon bits.
Now...What I'm doing differently.....
1. I will add about 3-4 sliced radishes to the pea mixture for color.
2. I will line a salad bowl with red leaf lettuce, and spoon the pea salad into that.
3. I will slice 5-6 cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle on top with the mozarella and bacon bits.
Pam, I have used this recipe so many times, and it's been passed around countless others....thank you, my friend, for a wonderful recipe.
Posted to EAT-L Digest by "Sharon H. Frye" <shfrye@...> on Nov 21, 1997