Yield: 1 Servings
|6||Big Spinach Leaves; (Lettuce Leaves Work Well Too)|
|¼ cup||Cream cheese|
|¼ cup||Peanut butter|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped nuts|
|1 tablespoon||Carob mini-chips|
1. dish towel
2. 2 spoons
3. flat plate
How to make Mystery Rolls:
1. Wash the spinach leaves. Lay them out on half the dish towel.
2. Fold the dish towel over the spinach leaves, and blot them dry. Be careful you don't crush the leaves. They're pretty tender.
3. Put a spoonful of cream cheese in the middle of one of the leaves.
Sprinkle the cheese with raisins.
4. Roll the spinach leaf up, around the cream cheese and raisins. Be sure all the cheese is covered.
5. Put the rolled-up spinach leaf on the flat plate. Put the open part down. This will help the leaf stay closed.
6. Put a spoonful of cream cheese on another leaf, and sprinkle it with nuts.
7. Roll up this second leaf, and put it on the flat plate.
8. Put the rest of the cream cheese on another leaf, and sprinkle it with the carob mini-chips. Roll it up and put it on the flat plate.
9. Now, with the other spoon, put the peanut butter into the middle of each of the last 3 leaves. Sprinkle one with raisins, one with nuts, and one with the carob mini-chips. Roll up each one and put it on the plate.
10. Move around all the rolls on the plate, so you can't remember which one has what inside!
Now your Mystery Rolls are ready to try. What's inside? What's inside? Oh my! 0h my!
Recipe by: My First Encyclopedia CD rom Posted to recipelu-digest by James and Susan Kirkland <kirkland@...> on Feb 03, 1998