Yield: 4 servings
|4 \N||Bramley cooking apples|
|75 grams||Pecan nuts; chopped (3oz)|
|75 grams||Stoned dates; chopped zest and|
|\N \N||; segments of 1|
|\N \N||; orange (3oz)|
|50 grams||Demerera sugar; (2oz)|
|25 grams||Chopped roasted hazelnuts; (1oz)|
|\N \N||Zest and juice of 1 lime|
|175 grams||Mincemeat; (6oz)|
FOR FILING 1
FOR FILLING 2
1. Core the apples and make a shallow cut around the middle of each apple.
2. Mix one of the filling ideas together and spoon into the apple cavities.
3. Place 2 apples at a time in a non-metallic dish, cover and microwave on full power for :
4. Heating Category B, 5-6 minutes; D, 4-5 minutes; 650 W, 5-6 minutes; 750 W, 4-5 minutes.
5. Select appropriate time for your oven. For different power ovens, adjust the heating time accordingly.
6. Alternatively, place apples in an ovenproof dish and bake in a preheated oven 190øC/375øF/Gas Mark 5 for 30-40 minutes. Serve with creme fraiche, ice cream or cream.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A very quick and easy way to serve baked apples. (The mincemeat filling has 205 calories and 6(g) fat per serving).
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.