Yield: 1 Servings
|1||Lemon cake mix; (18 1/2 oz)|
|2 cups||Saltines; finely crushed|
|14 ounces||Sweetened condensed milk|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|Yellow food coloring; (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, margarine and whole egg, mix well (mixture will be crumbly)
3. Stir in saltine crumbs, reserve 2 cups and press the remainder firmly on the bottom of a 15X10 inch baking pan; bake for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine 3 egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring if using.
5. Spread batter over crust, top with reserved crumbs mixture and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Cool and cut into bars.
6. Store covered in refrigerator.
Posted to RecipeLu by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Oct 19, 1997.
Recipe by: Borden - Fast & Fabulous Posted to brand-name-recipes by "cathylee@..." <cathylee@...> on Mar 16, 1998