Yield: 6 Servings
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Orange juice|
|1¾ cup||All-purpose flour|
|2½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 tablespoon||Grated orange rind|
Preparation time: 20 min. Baking time: 50 to 55 min. Oven temperature: 325 degrees F.
For 1 loaf you will need:
Orange glaze: For orange glaze mix together 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp. orange juice. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. orange juice. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. grated orange rind.
1. Mix together oil and sugar. Stir in orange juice.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to oil-sugar mixture alternately with the milk.
Stir in the orange rind. Beat well.
5. Spread batter into a well-greased and floured loaf pan, 8 by-4-by-2-inches.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 50 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Brush with glaze immediately.
8. Let cake cool in pan on wire rack or 10 minutes. Turn out of pan.
9. Sprinkle with grated orange rind, if desired.
10. Store airtight.
Tips: This bread is best if allowed to stand 1 day before slicing.
From: Great American Recipes Shared by: Kaitlin Young