Yield: 5 Servings
|1 pounds||Red or green Swiss chard|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic -- peeled &|
|2 teaspoons||Lemon juice|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground|
|\N \N||Pepper to taste|
1. Wash and trim chard. Slice stems into ½-inch pieces and roughly chop leaves.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Saute garlic in oil several minutes, until it begins to brown. Remove garlic and discard.
3. Add chard stems to skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add chard leaves. Saute, stirring constantly until leaves are wilted, about 1 minute.
5. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy From: Emory!rahul.Net!watson@...: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 15:04:18 -0800 (P