Yield: 4 servings
|12 ounces||Jalapeno peppers, canned|
|1 cup||Buttermilk baking mix|
|6 ounces||Mozzarella cheese --|
|6 ounces||Seasoned bread crumbs|
* Use a spicy breading mix made for pork or for less spicy dish use unseasoned fine dry bread crumbs. A mixture of pork breading crumbs and plain crumbs is good to use.
1. Cut off stem ends and remove seeds from the peppers. Rinse peppers to remove seeds, but allow some seeds to remain if you like them hotter.
2. Stuff peppers lightly with cheese, then set aside.
3. Thoroughly mix sausage, biscuit mix, and remaining cheese. Make small patties from the mixture. Place a pepper in the center of each patty, then wrap and seal the dough around the pepper. Coat one or two balls at a time by shaking them in a plastic bag with the pork breading mix or seasoning of your choice.
4. Using a lightly greased skillet, brown sausage balls until the sausage is thoroughly cooked, turning several times.
Serving Ideas: Interesting and different appetizer. Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill