Yield: 10 Servings
|16 ounces||Cream cheese (or light); softened|
|1 large||Egg; separated|
|2 cans||Pillsbury crescent rolls|
|2 cups||Powdered sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Milk; to 3 T.|
1. Press one can of crescent rolls into 11 x 13 inch pan, spreading smoothly and pinching together seams.
2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Spread cream cheese filling on top of crescent roll.
4. Spread the second can of crescent rolls on top, spreading smoothly and pinching together seams to prevent separation.
5. Beat egg white with fork and brush on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or longer until medium brown on top.
7. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
8. Mix powdered sugar and milk and drizzle on top.
This can be refrigerated overnight. Best if served at room temperature.
Variation: Use 2 tubes of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough instead of crescent rolls and omit topping. Very gooey!! Recipe by: Robin
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #987 by "berick@..." <berick@...> on Jan 6, 1998