Yield: 6 servings
|1 pounds||Crab meat,preferably backfin|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|6 drops||Worcestershire sauce|
|½ teaspoon||Parsley flakes|
|¼ teaspoon||Seafood seasoning|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper,ground|
|½ cup||Bread crumbs|
1. Remove cartilage from crab meat; put crab meat in a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons margarine over low heat; add flour, stirring to make a paste.
3. Add milk; cook slowly, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
4. Set aside 6 tablespoons white sauce.
5. Add remaining sauce to crab meat in bowl, along with raw egg, hard-cooked egg, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley flakes, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper; mix gently but thoroughly.
6. Put crab meat mixture into 6 baking shells or ramekins; top each shell with bread crumbs, melted margarine and reserved white sauce.
7. Add pimiento strips for garnish.
8. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 20 minutes, or until browned on top.
From: Michael Orchekowski Date: 09-26-94