Yield: 16 Servings
|¾ cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|¾ cup||Granulated sugar|
|⅓ cup||Butter or margarine|
|1 pack||(12-oz) semisweet chocolate morsels|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|⅓ cup||Chopped pecans|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove immediately from heat.
4. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate morsels and vanilla extract until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Cool completely.
6. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth.
7. Stir remaining chocolate morsels and nuts into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares.
FROM "GREAT AMERICAN HOME
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .